Fire and Rescue crews in the Eurobodalla responded to a two-storey house fire in Tomakin on Saturday (February 25).
On arrival crews discovered a fire in the bottom level and two residents trapped on the balcony, who were alerted to the fire by their smoke alarm.
The residents were rescued by fire crews using breathing apparatus due to the density of smoke in the house.
Three people were taken to hospital for smoke inhalation by NSW Ambulance paramedics.
Fire crews from Moruya and Broulee have given a shoutout to the next door neighbour, who they say saved the two people.
Work to extinguish the blaze before crews arrived, hasd been started by a neighbour who has been hailed as heroic and a life-saver.
NSW Fire and Rescue crews are reminding residents in the South East to ensure they have working smoke alarms installed.
For more information about fire safety in the home click HERE.
Images: Moruya Fire and Rescue