- Please keep checking www.rfs.nsw.gov.au for the very latest emergency warnings
- Go to www.livetraffic.com for the latest road information
A bush fire is burning in the Clyde Mountain area south of the Kings Highway, through to the Deua River Valley. There is an emergency warning in place for this fire.
- The fire has crossed the Araluen Road and is spreading quickly towards Moruya.
- Strong winds and high temperatures are being experienced and the fire is spreading quickly.
- Embers are being blown ahead of the main fire front. These may start spot fires.
- Aircraft are unable to fly due to strong winds.
- There is an immediate threat to homes.
Moruya, West Moruya, Mogendoura and Wamban
- If you are in the areas of Moruya, West Moruya, Mogendoura and Wamban, you are at risk.
- Seek shelter as the fire front arrives.
- Protect yourself from the heat of the fire.
- Be alert to burning embers. These may start spot fires ahead of the main fire front.
Areas from Moruya to Tuross Head including Wallaga Lake, Akolele, Bermagui and Coolagolite
- It is too late to leave.
- Seek shelter as the fire approaches. Protect yourself from the heat of the fire.
Woola and Nobbies Island
- There is active fire in small sections of the Deua National Park.
- Monitor conditions. Know what you will do if the fire threatens.
- Be alert for falling trees and branches.
If you are threatened by fire
- Do not be in the path of the fire.
- Protect yourself from the heat of the fire. Wear protective clothing and footwear. Cover all exposed skin.
- If the fire impacts, seek shelter in a solid structure to protect yourself from the heat of the fire.
- If your life is at risk, call Triple Zero (000).
- Stay up to date on bush fires in your area by checking the NSW RFS website, listening to your local radio station, or by calling the NSW RFS Bush Fire Information Line on 1800 679 737.
- Before visiting national parks, check for closures at NSW Parks and Wildlife Service.
- People with respiratory conditions who are affected by bush fire smoke should activate their health management plan and seek medical advice if necessary. Take precautions, such as staying indoors and closing windows.
- For information on road closures, check Live Traffic NSW. Roads may be closed without warning.
- Monitor weather conditions and weather warnings at Bureau of Meteorology.
The next update on this fire will be issued by 23/01/2020 16:20 or if the situation changes.