An emergency warning is in place for a bush fire burning in the area of Big Jack Mountain in the Bega Valley area. The fire is spreading quickly and is out of control.
- A fire is burning in the area of Big Jack Mountain and Rocky Hall.
- Strong north-westerly winds are being experienced.
- Properties in the area of Mount Darragh, Rocky Hall and Stoves Road may come under threat.
- If you in the area of Mount Darragh, Rocky Hall or Wyndham and your plan is to leave or you are not prepared, leave now before it is too late.
- Leave only if the path is clear. Leave towards Pambula.
If you are threatened by fire
- Do not be in the path of the fire.
- Protect yourself from the heat of the fire. Wear protective clothing and footwear. Cover all exposed skin.
- If the fire impacts, seek shelter in a solid structure to protect yourself from the heat of the fire.
- If your life is at risk, call Triple Zero (000).
- If you are in an area that has already been affected by fire, there may be small areas of active fire burning for some time. Be aware of the dangers of trees and branches falling.
- Stay up to date on bush fires in your area by checking the NSW RFS website, listening to your local radio station, or by calling the NSW RFS Bush Fire Information Line on 1800 679 737.
- People with respiratory conditions who are affected by bush fire smoke should activate their health management plan and seek medical advice if necessary. Take precautions, such as staying indoors and closing windows.
- For information on road closures, check Live Traffic NSW. Roads may be closed without warning.
- Monitor weather conditions and weather warnings at Bureau of Meteorology.
The next update on this fire will be issued by 23/01/2020 12:00 or if the situation changes.