Watch and Act - Rockton (Snowy Monaro LGA)
This fire is part of a larger fire burning in Victoria.
Fire activity is increasing in the area.
If you are the areas of Bombala including Mila Road, Monaro Highway, Rosemeath Road, Link Road and Rosedale Road, monitor conditions. Know what you will do if fire threatens.
For more information: http://ow.ly/h5ur50xROUW
BELOW IS THE LATEST FROM THE RFS WEBSITE 4.30 10th Jan keep checking www.rfs.nsw.gov.au
A bush fire is burning in the Rockton area. The fire is more than 35,000 hectares in size and is out of control.
- This fire is part of a larger fire burning in Victoria.
- Fire activity is increasing in the area.
- It has crossed the Victorian border at multiple points into New South Wales.
- Fire conditions are forecast to deteriorate today. Erratic fire behaviour may be experienced.
- The fire spread prediction map shows the potential fire spread and the communities that may come under threat from embers or fire fronts. Other surrounding areas may still come under threat if conditions change, or if fires breach containment lines.
- If you are the areas of Bombala including Mila Road, Monaro Highway, Rosemeath Road, Link Road and Rosedale Road, monitor conditions. Know what you will do if fire threatens.
If you are threatened by fire
- Do not be in the path of the fire.
- Protect yourself from the heat of the fire. Wear protective clothing and footwear. Cover all exposed skin.
- If the fire impacts, seek shelter in a solid structure to protect yourself from the heat of the fire.
- If your life is at risk, call Triple Zero (000).
- If you are in an area that has already been affected by fire, there may be small areas of active fire burning for some time. Be aware of the dangers of trees and branches falling.
- Stay up to date on bush fires in your area by checking the NSW RFS website, listening to your local radio station, or by calling the NSW RFS Bush Fire Information Line on 1800 679 737.
- People with respiratory conditions who are affected by bush fire smoke should activate their health management plan and seek medical advice if necessary. Take precautions, such as staying indoors and closing windows.
- For information on road closures, check Live Traffic NSW. Roads may be closed without warning.