Judge Sean Grant will hand down his sentence next Friday, 10th May.
Serial South Coast paedophile Maurice Van Ryn is looking at more jail time for the 2010/2011 aggravated sexual abuse of a teenage boy.
Van Ryn is in jail for the sexual abuse of nine children, these offences occurred between 2003 and 2014. He was placed in custody in 2014 after he reoffended while on bail. He was sentenced in 2015 and then had his sentence increased in 2016.
Van Ryn is currently eligible for parole in April 2028.
During a sentencing hearing in the Bega District Court today, Judge Sean Grant said it was his intention to hand down a sentence that would in effect extend the non-parole period.
The latest publicly known victim of Van Ryn's came forward early last year. Last month Van Ryn pleaded guilty to four charges relating to the aggravated sexual abuse of the boy - who had been aged fourteen and fifteen at the time. The court heard the abuse occurred over a period of a year.
Judge Grant said he would hand down his sentence next Friday, 10th of May.
Van Ryn appeared via video link from his Newcastle prison and moved around in his chair, leaning forward, scratching his chin, and resting his head in a hand as he listened to proceedings.
Outside the court the father of a number of Van Ryn's victims who have previously come forward spoke to the media and said victims of child sex crimes often struggle in many areas of life: