Local News

Eden family face homelessness after house-fire

Firefighters are being praised for stopping the fire spreading along the street
The Eden community has praised fire-fighters from the district, and are rallying around a young mother whose house was gutted in a fire on Sunday. 
Friends say the mum and her five kids have lost everything and are now homeless. A GoFundMe page has been set up and a fire-wood auction organised as another means to raise money. Donations are also being taken at Eden Playability. 
The fire broke out in the kitchen in the house on Moorehead Street on Sunday morning. 
Everyone in the house escaped unharmed however the house was destroyed. Fortunately fire-fighters from Bega and Merimbula Fire and Rescue and the Eden Rural Fire Service stopped the blaze spreading to neighbouring homes. 
A link to the GoFundMe page is here Eden house fire.