Near stationary thunderstorms are developing on the Southern Tablelands and South Coast.
A trough lies over the south of the state with a humid airmass feeding into it from the north. Thunderstorms are situated over the Southern Tablelands and South Coast and are near stationary.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding in the warning area over the next several hours.
Locations which may be affected include Batemans Bay, Braidwood, Araluen, Nerriga and Captains Flat.
Braidwood recorded 15mm in 30 minutes this morning.
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
* Keep clear of creeks and storm drains.
* Don't walk, ride your bike or drive through flood water.
* If you are trapped by flash flooding, seek refuge in the highest available place and ring 000 if you need rescue.
* Be aware that run-off from rainfall in fire affected areas may behave differently and be more rapid. It may also contain debris such as ash, soil, trees and rocks.
* After bushfires, heavy rain and the loss of foliage can make the ground soft and heavy, leading to a greater chance of landslides.
* Unplug computers and appliances.
* Avoid using the phone during the storm.
* Stay indoors away from windows, and keep children and pets indoors as well.
* Stay vigilant and monitor conditions. Note that the landscape may have changed following bushfires.
* For emergency help in floods and storms, ring the SES (NSW and ACT) on 132 500 or for emergencies call 000.
Monaro Police have confirmed that as at 12.45pm on Thursday (November 25), the Kings Highway remains closed at Mulloon, approximately 1km west of Goulburn Road, between Braidwood and Bungendore due to flooding.
Police, Council and RMS are implementing diversions, however most roads in the area remain impacted. Sections of Tarago Road are also impacted.
Motorists are advised to avoid the area, drive carefully and never drive through floodwater.
The Kings Highway at Mulloon in the vicinity of 8903 Kings Highway, Mulloon is currently blocked due to flooding.
With a severe thunderstorm warning in the area and more rain coming, this issue is expected to impact traffic all afternoon.
For the latest updates please view the Livetraffic.com or the Live Traffic app.