Local News

Fire and Rescue extinguish shop fire at Eden

FB_Just_In_1_1_1.jpg

NSW Fire and Rescue responded to a shop fire at Eden in Imlay Street just after 9am this morning. 

A spokesman says 50 people in nearby shops and a disabled man, who was a resident in a flat above the South Coast Satellite and Television antenna shop, were evacuated. 

He said flames could be seen in the window of the shop when firies arrived, and the threat of the fire plus the gases being emitted prompted the evacuation. 

The owner of South Coast Satellite and Television Daryl Young, says his shop suffered minimal smoke and paper damage and will be open tomorrow morning.