Vet Nurse Qualified or Trainee30th November 2021
- Pambula Vet Clinic
- Job Type
- 30 to 38
- $40,000 - $50,000
The Merimbula Vet Clinic is looking for a Cert IV qualified vet nurse, or trainee to join our animal loving family of colleagues.
We are a family focused clinic where the team are more the just workmates, we are friends and a great support to each other.
The work place is a fun and relaxed environment with approachable and understanding leadership. We encourage new ideas and work together as a team for constant improvement.
The proof is in the clients who are loyal, and appreciative. We strive to go above and beyond for their animals.
We are looking for the kind of person who:
• Has a cert IV or enrolled in vet nursing
• Excellent customer service
• Is a good communicator and a team player
• Is capable of working independently.
• Has great problem solving and decision-making skills
• Has a flexible approach to issues.
• Is effective at time management and has fantastic organisational skills
• Has a strong work ethic.
• Is thorough and takes pride in everything they do
• Enjoys all aspects of nursing, including reception work
The position involves:
Working three-to-four days per week, 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. with occasional rostered weekends and a flexible roster.
Ideally a qualified nurse competent in the below but also consider trainees as our nurses are happy to teach and help you learn on the job.
All aspects of nursing, including placing catheters, taking blood & performing in house pathology and cytology. .
A sound knowledge and competency in all aspects of surgical nursing tasks including anaesthesia, patient monitoring and surgical pack preparation.
A competency in medical nursing including placing intravenous catheters, collecting blood samples, conducting routine dental procedures, taking x-rays and critical care nursing.
An ability and sound understanding in the use of equipment including in-house IDEXX pathology machines, digital radiography, and dentistry units.