Assistant Shop Manager14th October 2021
- Broadwater Oysters
- Job Type
- Full Time
- $60,000 - $70,000
Broadwater Oysters is offering an exciting career opportunity to join their team as Assistant Shop Manager.
Operating from the foreshore of Pambula Lake, Broadwater Oysters is an award-winning farm, retail outlet and tourism destination. Our business is growing and more than ever, we need a motivated and efficient team to grow with us. We care about what we do; quality and integrity is important to us, and we want someone to join the team who is as excited about our brand and products as we are!
Whether you’re local or someone that’s searching for Sea-Change to the beautiful Sapphire Coast, please apply if this role matches your career experience and aspirations.
We’re an easy going and fun-loving team, that’s also passionate about protecting the environment around us. Our customers love having a direct link to our oyster farm and our rustic processing sheds. Just like the renowned cellar door viticulture experiences, Broadwater Oysters strives to offer our customers warm country-charm hospitality with our unique Shellar-door gastronomic adventures.
In this newly created role, the successful candidate will rise to the challenge of balancing their oyster shucking speed with presentation, driving profitable retail management, and delighting all our customers with exceptional customer service. Having a positive and flexible approach to the daily competing priorities and the ability to pitch in and help wherever needed is essential.
Broadwater Oysters award-winning success comes from supplying high quality Sydney Rock Oysters with fabulous customer service. Broadwater Oysters staff are always welcoming, engaging, obliging, informative, diligent and efficient, with an extra attention to detail and presentation.
Our standard business hours are Tuesday to Saturday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
In the peak tourism seasons the farm-gate is open seven (7) days a week.
Refer to full job ad via www.Broadwateroysters.com.au
• Current First Aid Certificate
• Australian Citizen
• Previous experience in a management or retail position
• Basic knowledge of accounting
• Flexibility to work weekends
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Good interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
• Strong leadership, organisation, and management skills
• The ability to think logically, learn quickly and problem solve
• Ability to organise and deliver on competing priorities
• A hands-on positive, committed, and flexible approach to the role
• Experience and confidence using computer programs including Microsoft Word/Excel, Google Platform, Outlook
• Demonstrate a basic understanding of the value of oyster farming, the positive effects on the environment, agritourism (aquaculture tourism).