Branch Librarian Part Time (Fixed Term)4th May 2021
- Eurobodalla Shire Council
- Batemans Bay Library
- Job Type
- Part Time
- $40,000 - $50,000
Do you have a passion for providing quality library services to the community? If you have a genuine enjoyment and positive approach towards working with the public, we would love to hear from you!
This is a supervisory role with a high quality customer focus that is responsible for coordinating the day to day operation of the Batemans Bay Library ensuring provision of quality library services for the community.
You will be involved in circulation, reference and library administrative duties; leading, supervising and developing library staff; implement library policies and procedures; and assisting the Library Coordinator in the administration and promotion of library services.
With a qualification in library studies, you will work across all aspects of library service provision. Experience in coordinating reader education and skills in library promotion and community and interagency liaison are essential requirements of this role.
If you have a drive for excellence and are a high performing team player who is willing and able to collaborate and lead the team to ensure all objectives are met, we invite you to apply.
To view the full information package or to apply for this role, please go to the Eurobodalla Shire Council webpage (www.esc.nsw.gov.au) and click on the link to Vacant Positions
1. Degree in a library discipline or degree and post graduate library studies recognised by the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA).
2. Comprehensive Reference, Internet and online database searching experience
3. Experience in coordinating reader education.
4. Demonstrated ability to lead, supervise and develop library staff to achieve organisational objectives.
5. Demonstrated ability to build and maintain a cohesive and harmonious team environment.
6. Proven record of effective communication in a variety of situations.
7. Demonstrated skills in library promotion and community and interagency liaison.
8. Genuine enjoyment and positive approach towards working with the public.
9. Demonstrated ability to work quickly and effectively under pressure.
10. Demonstrated commitment to and understanding of equal employment opportunity.
11. Demonstrated knowledge of, or an ability to quickly gain knowledge of, Council’s WHS Policy and WHS System and EEO and Diversity related policy and practices.