Sapphire Community Pantry
Wed 18 Sep 2019 12:00 pm to Fri 18 Sep 2020 12:00 pm
The Sapphire Community Pantry at 2 Peden Street Bega 2550 are committed to responding to the needs of the community through focusing on food access and community connections.
Their lead program is the Sapphire Community Pantry.
The Pantry was established in 2017 and welcomes anyone who needs food and groceries. Their prime customer group is people suffering food insecurity, but they also welcome anyone who wishes to shop with them
IMPORTANT NOTICE - We are open Thursdays, 11am to 2pm. No late afternoon session.
The Pantry is doing its best to continue to service the community in these changing times. Being aware of the safety of our volunteers and community, we continue to operate, but with some changes.
1. We will issue tickets to all who want to shop, and people will be called in, lowest numbers first. Only 3 shoppers in the Pantry at one time. Do not bring the whole family to shop, and if you can, do not bring children or people whose immunity is compromised.
2. Keep a distance of 1.5 metres apart. We will ask shoppers to wait outside the Pantry until called in. We will place chairs outside the Pantry, at 1.5 metres apart. Or wait in your car.
3. We ask you to use the hand sanitiser unit placed at the entrance of the Pantry
4. Keep your visit brief. In and out in 15 minutes.
5. Expect to wait, so bring water to drink while you wait.
6. We now have "tap n go" facilities. If you can, please use your card to reduce cash handling.
7. Be nice. Be kind. We are all in this together.